[TYPO3-core] RFC #12547: Bug: Default paths for Windows are not properly defined

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Fri Nov 20 09:06:56 CET 2009

Francois Suter schrieb:
> Hi Masi,
>
>> In $_SERVER I find these variables to be useful:
>>
>> Path = C:\Programme;C:\WINDOWS\system32
>> SystemDrive = C:
>> SystemRoot C:\WINDOWS
>> windir => C:\WINDOWS
>> TEMP = C:\DOKUME~1\Masi\LOKALE~1\Temp
>> TMP = C:\DOKUME~1\Masi\LOKALE~1\Temp
>> ComSpec = C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe
>>
>> For the default path I wouldn't use $Path itself but use $SytemRoot
>> and $SystemRoot.'\system32'.
>
> Thanks for the detailed info. As I don't have Windows myself, could you
> provide a modified version of the patch?

Yes. But thinking again about it, the change will not change much. In the system directory are only,
well, *system* files and binaries. Besides of cmd.exe the web server will probably not find any
program of use.

We could use the "Path" environment variable, but I think that this might be used for an attack.

Masi