[TYPO3-core] RFC: #12613: Errors with cache data from DB

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Mon Nov 16 20:03:07 CET 2009

Hi,

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> Reason is that cache-table use field TEXT for serialized arrays,
>> therfore MySQL respect the charset.
>
> I think this was made some time before but I do not remember why. There was a reason to convert blobs to texts.

i also remember the discussions in BT. i looked in log for change, and
latest change was convert from blob to text with introducing the new
cache framwork tables which had text defined. There was no related
reason for it, see rev 4336 related to #9505

Fact is that TEXT fields make mixing of charsets in cache impossible.

vg Steffen