[TYPO3-core] RFC #7501: Remove Static-Templates from standard installation

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Sun Nov 15 11:59:40 CET 2009

Hi all,

ok. I now have put everything in the bugtracker (it's too big to attach
here). see all files with *_2009_v3.

  * There is a patch to remove everything from the Core and the cms ext
(readable, without the static data, see next point)
  * ... except the file
typo3_src/typo3/sysext/cms/ext_tables_static+adt.sql, which will be
deleted when commiting
  * There is a t3x file providing maximum backwards-compatibility

Some questions left:

Sysext or TER ext:
   Should this be a system extension or be put in TER?

media Directory Cleanup:
Currently, I also copied the tslib/media directory, it'd be helpful to
know what other parts of TYPO3 core need the tslib/media directory and
what we can delete from there then at some point (of course, we need to
deprecate that, probably announce it in the NEWS.txt).

Everything else should work. I'd be interested in your comments
(especially from people who know the topic).

And now, let's get two +1s again :)

All the best,
Benni.