[TYPO3-core] RFC #12318: Improve TCEforms Suggest

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Fri Nov 13 14:41:04 CET 2009

Am 09.11.2009, 16:46 Uhr, schrieb Andreas Wolf <typo3ml at andreaswolf.info>:

> This RFC does not contain an important fix proposed by Steffen Gebert:
> He suggested to exponentially increase the number of fetched records if
> none are found. As this will only apply to the greedy selector, it will
> be a separate RFC. This RFC is mainly about refactoring the suggest
> feature to support different search strategies and some poor man's MVC
> (separate the output from the selector).

Hi Andreas,

for the moment, I'm quite happy with the suggest, as it works. I'd stay
here for 4.3.

But personally I'd say we should immediately deprecate the new introduced
classes limited to TCEforms and refactor it for 4.4.
This search should not only be usable with TCEforms, but also with the
page tree filter and may be on other places, too. So I dislike the naming
(and also the placement in a new subdirectory).

Furthermore (after reading an ExtJS book), I'd say it should better return
a JSON array and let the display logic be done by ExtJS.
So I'm for a rewrite using ExtJS, which could give us several
improvements, like a pager.

I really don't want to you piss you off - I like the functionality, but
see improvements.

Steffen