[TYPO3-core] RFC #12231: New caching framework (4.3-dev) does not work with DBAL [FEEDBACK]

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Wed Nov 11 23:04:58 CET 2009

Hi,

Oliver Hader wrote:
 > FYI: Committed to SVN Trunk (rev. 6361)

As explained by PM, I don't understand why I had this error as inverting both sides of the comparison actually break the parser. I added explanations on DBAL Cookbook [1].

This patch to t3lib_cache_backend_dbbackend should be reverted as it breaks completely new caching framework. The bad thing is that if you use a native DB, you have to run PHP5.3 *and* have DBAL logs
activated to see a flash warning as strlen() is given an array argument, which indicates that the where clause could not be parsed correctly. On PHP5.2.x, you don't get any warning nor log entries but
if you activate new caching framework, you'll be restricted to show root page because no other page can be shown and it always fallback to root page.

[1] http://forge.typo3.org/wiki/extension-dbal/DBAL_Cookbook_for_Extension_Developer

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en