[TYPO3-core] RFC #12502: Feature: Use HMACs for authencity and integrity checks

Bjoern Pedersen pedersen at resi2.office.frm2
Wed Nov 11 16:40:10 CET 2009

Dmitry Dulepov <dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi!
>
> Benjamin Mack wrote:
>> I agree with Dmitry to not add a feature like this in 4.3 anymore.
>>
>> Also, I agree with Dmitry to not add another additional requirement for
>> the Core, however AFAIR this is not needed for the hmac() functions.
>>
>> http://www.php.net/manual/en/hash.installation.php
>
> Is it true also for PHP 5.2? I see that OpenID libraries check for the availability of hash extension. May be that OpenID code is too old.

from the same page:

 The Hash extension requires no external libraries and is enabled by default as of PHP 5.1.2. It may be explicitly disabled by using the --disable-hash switch to configure. Earlier versions of PHP may incorporate the Hash extension by installing the » PECL module.

Björn