[TYPO3-core] FYI48: #12545: t3lib_div::linkThisScript isn't xhtml compatibel

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Wed Nov 11 11:20:31 CET 2009

>>> No it isn't ...
>>> .... well actually the string is, but the mixed content is not.
>>> In many places strings are collected from different sources which
>>> might not be controlled by the core before they are used to create
>>> the URL, but still the core has to make sure that the output IS
>>> valid.
>>
>> I disagree. "mist rein, mist raus" (crap in, crap) as the saying
>> goes.
>>
>> The BE has no obligation whatsoever to cope with broken input.
>
> I agree with you, Masi. Either a function gets encoded stuff or it
> gets not-encoded stuff. If it gets something mixed, than something is
> wrong elsewhere and it should be corrected there.

Real life is what happens to you, while you're busy making other plans ...
;-)
A function gets what it gets and it would be wise if this function would be
able to handle what it gets in a somewhat intelligent way.

But that's just my personal opinion, which might be due to the fact that I
am not coming from a theoretical background ;-)

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
Xing: http://contact.cybercraft.de
Twitter: http://twitter.com/bunnyfield