[TYPO3-core] RFC #12502: Feature: Use HMACs for authencity and integrity checks

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 09:22:58 CET 2009

Hi!

Marcus Krause wrote:
> Type: (security) feature
>
> Branches: trunk

Are we still allowed to add features to trunk at this stage? I lost track of things :(

> Solution:
> Extend t3lib_div library by a hmac() method.

If hash extension is not loaded, this will fail. Current TYPO3 requirements do not list hash as required extension.

> Thanks to Sebastian Kurfürst, HMACs are already used in FLOW3 and Extbase.

Which is a pity because nobody bothered to check and update requirements :( This is yet another regression chance.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
"Trust me, I am a doctor!" (c) Gregory House, M.D.