[TYPO3-core] RFC: #12518: Reports module doesn't support EXT: syntax

Francois Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Mon Nov 9 16:59:53 CET 2009

Hi,

> because it forces autoloading. In my case i run in the issue #12519
> IMHO the EXT:... syntax is used at several places in core and should be
> supported.

What's wrong with that? The issue you mention is a bug which should be
solved. It shouldn't prevent using autoloading.

The Scheduler and the Reports module are completely new modules and I
think it is right that they use only new paradigms. I find it extremely
convenient to be able to use autoloading and not have to care for
syntaxes like EXT:...

These new modules will never be used with a TYPO3 version before 4.3, so
autoloading is always available. Why care for older syntaxes? Let's
actually encourage people to use the new ways! Otherwise why did we
bother introduce autoloading?

> if you don't use autoload you have to do an include_once in ext_tables -
> then it's loaded all the time.

So use autoload...

Cheers

--