[TYPO3-core] RFC: #12518: Reports module doesn't support EXT: syntax

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Nov 9 16:02:10 CET 2009

Steffen Kamper schrieb:

> This is SVN patch request.
>
> Type: Bugfix
>
> Branches: trunk
>
> BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=12518
>
> If you want to use report module from your extension you can't do
> without using autoload-feature or manual inclusion of the file. But the
> file should be loaded only when calling reports module.
>
> Solution:
> allow common syntax for defining class
> 'report' => 'EXT:extkey/path_to_file:classname'

Maybe using t3lib_div::getUserObj instead of t3lib_div::makeInstance
would make the trick and be less "bloated" (reimplementing the EXT:
handling once again). getUserObj already handles the EXT: prefix and
does the necessary require_once if needed.

Only caveat is that you cannot pass an argument to the constructor, but
maybe we could add support for it in getUserObj too?

Cheers,
Ernesto