[TYPO3-core] RFC #4670: Bug in rteHTMLArea when cutting pasting links within tables

Susanne Moog typo3 at susannemoog.de
Mon Nov 9 09:55:52 CET 2009

Hi,

Stanislas Rolland schrieb:
> FYI: This is a SVN patch request.
>
> Type:
> Bugfix
>
> Problem:
> When a link is the only element within a table cell and one selects the
> text and cut it (with ctrl-x or the cut button), the link remains even
> if there is no more text. If you start to enter some text in the cell,
> you see the link again. I think the same issue could arise, for example,
> in lists of links.
>
> Solution:
> Clean up any empty "a" tag left over by a cut operation (using CTRL-x
> key or Cut button), as well as other garbage that Safari may leave behind.
>
> Please test with trunk in various browsers.

Just tested with FF 3.5.5 and noticed some strange things:

If I select the link text with a double click and press CTRL-x it works
as expected, the link is fully gone.

If I click into the link text and the path below the RTE tells me I'm
inside the a tag and if I now select the link and cut it, it does not
cutting does not work for me cleanly, as long as path is

Best regards,

Susanne