[TYPO3-core] RFC #12436: Integrate checks concerning Suhosin/Hardened PHP in Install Tool

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Sat Nov 7 22:09:52 CET 2009

Hey,

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> The main problem with Suhosin is that it simply drops the fields. No error, no warning, no
> exception, no nothing. Me and colleagues have spent hours debugging when we ran into it Suhosin's
> limits.

On debian suhosin logs to /var/log/syslog by default. Check this first
if you're hunting some inexplainable problem. On other systems a grep
for suhosin in /var/log usually helps, too.

Max_var settings are a regular problem, I set this to higher values on
all servers. eg. phpmyadmin runs into this, too (ever wondered why
sorting by some column doesn't work sometimes?).

Regards
Christian