[TYPO3-core] Status of RFC: #9046: Nested domain linking with domain record on root page

Tobias Liebig mail_typo3 at etobi.de
Thu Nov 5 23:03:36 CET 2009

Steffen Gebert schrieb:
> I had a look at the patch last weekend. As I can't reproduce the
> problem, which should be fixed (linking works also without the patch), I
> can only confirm that it doesn't break anything.

To reproduce the error try the following case:

+ root (domainrecord A.org)

+--+ subsite (domainrecord B.org)
|  |
|  +--+ subsubpage

Imagine you call the subsite by calling the domain "B.org".
Now a link on the subsite to the "root"-page will fail, because the link don't get a domain prepended and
is not reachable thru "B.org", but need to be called with domain "A.org".

With the patch applied, this scenario works.
Additionally you can "force" prepending domains. This means you can force that all links to subsite or
subsubpage are prepended with "B.org", even if they were reachable thur the current domain (like A.org)

> What's your plan with existing domain records? They have to get the
> force-flag with an update wizard to keep the existing behavior, don't they?

I would not update all domain records, as suddenly all domains got prepended after you update your
installation. It won't break any link to do so, but you would not expect.

But i also think for new records it makes sense to set the forced flag by default.
The user then has the chance to decide himself, and got a useful default value.

> The is_siteroot is still needed, isn't it?
 > Would a combination of
 > is_siteroot=0 and a forced domain record be possible? But IIRC this is a
 > realurl problem (sorry, was some time ago as I investigated, why the
 > is_siteroot is needed - but see no reason).

if i'm right "is_siteroot" is (in core) only in use in CONTENT-slide and some stuff in the be page tree.
Beside of that, extensions like realURL, depend on this flag.

regards
    tobias