[TYPO3-core] RFC: #12347: Integrate check to the install tool and reports module concerning eAccelerator

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Wed Nov 4 19:27:42 CET 2009

Hi,

This is SVN patch request.

Type: Bugfix

Branches: trunk

BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=12347

Problem:
There are some parts in the TYPO3 Core that require annotation parsing,
e.g. Extbase and the unit tests. These parts grab the PHPdoc comments
and search for annotations like "@test".

However, since eAccelerator can be compiled to strip all comments away,
this would produce strange behaviours. Thus it's recommended to compile
eAccelerator with this configuration:

--with-eaccelerator-doc-comment-inclusion

Solution:
I added the check in install tool. However this is not really needed in
production usage until extbase will be more stable and more extbase
extensions are stable releases, i only used it as info to not unsettle
the users.

I also think we don't need this check in reports module as extbase
already have it.

This can be changed in 4.4 to warning/error.

vg Steffen