[TYPO3-core] RFC: #12368: Context menu of page tree does not work anymore

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Tue Nov 3 20:25:31 CET 2009

Steffen Kamper schrieb:

> i would suggest to do that in a complete cleaning if it's so, with
> declaring alt_main to deprecated, remove interface switch etc. It's not
> good to remove single fragments, maybe alt_main is fixable and we decide
> to support it.

Good ol' "alt_main.php" also had a feature, which allowed you to disable the
left main-menu, and instead put it in the top frame (div now).

This was called "noMenuMode" (see doc_core_tsconfig) and it was possible to
set this via the User tools>User settings configuration.

This was a nice feature, for installations where you had very restricted editors,
which for example only had the list-module activated. So I didn't require the
whole left frame/div to take away screen space, only for "List" and "About".

Do not think everyone has fullHD screens nowadays. Especially in the educational
sector, where money is rare, many employes still work on 1024x768 screens.

But this feature is gone now *sniff*. But I guess it would make more sense to
reimplement this feature for backend.php instead of resurrecting alt_main.php
from the dead ...

BTW: If this feature does not get reimplemented, the option "noMenuMode" has to
get removed from doc_core_tsconfig documentation!

greets,
Bernhard