[TYPO3-core] RFC: #12295: Cleaning config_default, exclude values from being listed in install tool, all configuration

Marcus Krause marcus#exp2009 at t3sec.info
Sun Nov 1 17:53:15 CET 2009

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> Marcus Krause schrieb:
>> Hi!
>>
>> Steffen Kamper schrieb:
>>> Hi Benni,

>>> sure, here it is.
>>
>> Please be careful with such rewrites.
>>
>> I haven't tested you patch. Please make sure that there are no
>> siteeffects!
>>
>> At least t3lib_div::getURL() has following check of a numeric string
>> value (your patch set the default to boolean FALSE):
>> "if ($GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['SYS']['curlUse'] == '1' [...]"
>
> it's all correct. Have in mind that FALSE (0) and TRUE (1) are php
> constants - it doesn't change the value, it's only better for reading.

Thanks for clarification. Better ask before than getting a broken
functionality afterwards.

Marcus.

PS: I still consider the numerical check only in t3lib_div::getURL() to
be buggy. I manually maintain localconf settings and for above mentioned
setting I have a value of TRUE/int(1) or FALSE/int(0) (that is no
strings) and expect it to be still okay.