[TYPO3-core] RFC Feature #11211: Exclude items from list view in backend

"Christian Müller (Kitsunet)" christian at kitsunet.de
Sun May 31 09:10:06 CEST 2009

Christian Müller (Kitsunet) wrote:
> Georg Ringer wrote:
>> Francois Suter schrieb:
>>> I originally proposed to use a TCA ctrl property, but after thinking
>>> about it I already had come to thinking that a TSconfig property
>>> would make more sense.
>>
>> i would like to have a hook but for page module too ;)
>>
>> Georg
>
> There is already a hook in place, at least for listview. I will look
> that up and post results here, so maybe the hook is enough for the rare
> case someone needs this.

OK, as far as I see there is a hook for list rendering here:

class.db_list_extra.inc line 383
But you have to implement the t3lib_localRecordListGetTableHook
Interface, which I think is a lot of work for just adding some SQL to
your listview. Also you will have this hook Object executed for every
table, which seems not very resource friendly. But maybe it is OK
because the use case is a bit unusual.

For page module there is no hook or anything. Lists are generated in
tx_cms_layout.php but maybe I could add a hook or configuration value
there so everything is fine?