[TYPO3-core] RFC: #3527: Bug: Wrongly encoded characters in mail form validation popup

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Sat May 30 11:42:44 CEST 2009

Hi,

Francois Suter schrieb:
> Hi Ernesto,
>
> Thanks for the extensive testing.
>
>> So while this seems to solve the problem unter utf-8 when using
>> latin-1-like characters, it is still broken with utf-8 and cyrill
>> characters. :(
>
> :-(
>
> There are some bugs where you know why they have been open for so
> long... I'll try to give it a shot again at some point in time.

i also played with this yesterday, and your patch goes into the right
direction. However, JS handles strings in utf-8, so there is of course a
problem.
with renderCharset utf-8: printed strings plain, no problem
any other remderCharset: plain is required. HTML uses entities to render
the strings. JS don't understand entities. rawurlencode is also wrong as
JS can't interpret this. So having an entity like М JS will print
it as it is, but would need unicode format like \x041C. I'm not sure how
to convert it this way, but i'm pretty sure a condition for non-utf8
renderCharset has to be done.
I hope Masi can give an additional hint. These charset problems are
really annoying, but we will meet them again when ever using special
chars and non-utf8

vg Steffen