[TYPO3-core] RFC #11207 Hook Request in typo3/class.webPageTree.php -> wrapTitle

Mathias Schreiber [wmdb >] mathias.schreiber at wmdb.de
Fri May 29 11:30:47 CEST 2009

Mathias Schreiber [wmdb >] schrieb:
> Benjamin Mack schrieb:
>> Hey guys,
>>
>> whatever happened to the clear reviews?
>>
>> The filename is typo3/class.webpagetree.php, not
>> typo3/class.webPageTree.php (at least this was in my installation),
>> and so the naming in the array is wrong.
>
> copied from posting, my bad.
>
>> Steffen, please make a followup commit for that fix.
>> Hooks are very (!) sensitive, as they are one of the highest
>> priorities when it comes to backwards compatibility.
>
> Patch included.
>
>> Do we need similar hooks in filelisttree and the tree renderer for the
>> element browser?
>
> For FileLists I don't think we do (why translate the filesystem (or I
> get something wrong).
>
> About Element Browser:
> Investigating and (why are these two different classes anyways?) will
> supply patch as soon as it's ready.

Ok, this is the current status:
We'd need 3 hooks in total:
- class.webpagetree.php (notice the lowercase ;-))
- class.browse_links.php
   Line 438 Wraps title for element browser
   Line 283 Wraps title for RTE

But now we came up with the fact that we maybe need to translate the
pagenames at a way lower level (because the List module will show them
as well).

So I think I move this to the dev list for discussion (this hook is
unneeded then (at least for my case).

We can keep it for future use with the applied patch, but I guess I ave
to dig WAY deeper into this...

--
TYPO3 certified intregator
T3DD09 Entertainer