[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #11166: loadPrototype() called in frontend editing without a valid doc instance.

Oliver Hader oliver at typo3.org
Thu May 28 08:35:44 CEST 2009

Hi Jeff,

Jeff Segars schrieb:
> We've seen this sort of problem pop up several times now, so I think the
> best solution is create a dummy instance of $GLOBALS['SOBE']->doc in the
> frontend context so that we don't have to worry about frontend or
> backend when using tceforms. The attached patch adds a new tsfeDoc to
> typo3/template.php and creates a dummy version of $GLOBALS['SOBE']
> within tceforms_fe.

Thanks for the patch. I'm not happy with a t3lib_TCEforms_dummy class
and multiple classes in one PHP file. The purpose of this object is just
to contain a reference to the template instance in $this->doc.
I've changed this to use an anonymous object that just has $this->doc as
member variable.

Besides that: +1 on reading and testing

olly
--