[TYPO3-core] FYI72: Bug #11167: Add method for saving and closing a record.

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Wed May 27 22:29:02 CEST 2009

Hey guys,

The following frontend editing patch will be committed in 72 hours if no
one objects. Any reviews in the meantime are of course welcome :)

Type: Feature
Bugtracker reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=11167
Branch: trunk

Problem:
t3lib_frontendedit has methods for the common tcemain actions that are
performed on a record (save, hide, new, etc) but saving and closing a
record is missing.

When editing page content, saving and closing is identical to just
saving. Page records are slightly different though. When a page record
is saved, we want to reload the editing form again. When a page record
is saved and closed, we don't have any content to display; instead we
want to figure out what the new URL is (after a change of page title,
etc) and redirect the browser to that URL.

Solution:
The attached patch adds a doSaveAndClose() method that is just a wrapper
around doSave() so that the actual content is saved correctly. Having
this separate method allows the frontend editing views to properly
handle the saving of page records.

Thanks,
Jeff