[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #10744: Icon path calculated incorrectly in t3lib_tceforms->getIcon()

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Wed May 27 22:23:36 CEST 2009

Hey guys,

This is a SVN patch request.

Type: Bugfix
Bugtracker reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=10744
Branch: trunk

Problem:
In the else case of t3lib_tceforms->getIcon(), an image path is
determined using the skinning API and then its dimensions and other data
are calculated. The call to getimagesize() uses an absolute path that is
constructed incorrectly.

After the call to t3lib_iconWorks::skinImg(), we have an image path that
is comprised of backPath + source, so its relative to the typo3/
directory. We take this value and combine it with PATH_typo3 and use
that path when calling getimagesize().

This works fine as long as backPath is empty, as it is in alt_doc,
db_list, and all other classes that live directly inside typo3/. As soon
as there is actually a backPath value we run into problems because we've
just dropped some arbitrary, relative path in the middle of what is
expected to be an absolute path.

Solution:
The solution is to clean up the path that skinImg() gives us and remove
the backPath before using it in getimagesize().

The easiest way to test this is in the frontend editing mode where forms
show up directly on the page, but the issue should affect anywhere that
there's a backPath.

Additional Notes:
RFC #11166 resolves a fatal error that you'll run into when testing this
patch.  The patches themselves are completely unrelated but you'll need
to apply #11166 before testing or wait for a fix to be committed before
testing this one.

Thanks,
Jeff