[TYPO3-core] RFC #11177: Feature: New options noRescale and resolutionFactor for getImgResource()

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Mon May 25 16:09:20 CEST 2009

Hi Ries,

> if this is the case I could almost think of a global config setting rather
> then a local on given for each images (rather then using
> xxxxx.file.resolution = 200).
>
> // set images to render at higher resolution
> // When empty the default TTFDPI is used (nothing is changed)
> config.renderDPI=300
>
> The reason would be because properly you want to have the whole page
> rendered at a different resolution anyways.

maybe then both, as providing a highres-image for download must also be
possible.

>> I my case I meant a bit different thing. Not TYPO3 is creating the
>> catalog as PDF, but the DTP software based on XML schemes provided by
>> TYPO3. That way you can either automize things in your DTP software
>> (like Adobe InDesign) or use dynamic content from the XML sheets inside
>> your DTP software.
>
> Our requirement was using Open Source technologies (in the spirit of TYPO3)
> but also on demand, I don't believe that on-demands is possible using
> Adone InDesign.
> With on-demand I mean we could generate a flyer in less then 5 seconds
> and a 120page full-color catalog (CMYK) could be done in around 30 seconds.
> LaTeX is amazing fast!!!

yes InDesign might not be that fast, but you're able to style the
catalog individually, apply conditional text-formatting, drop-shadows,
alpha-masks etc and do some fine tuning afterwards ;) So it depends on
the requirements, the layout and the needed visual quality what solution
is better. It was just an example anyway ;)

> I don't agree, although you can get good results with RGB models nowdays,
> CMYK beats RGB hands down for printing work.

if color channels got properly tweaked, then yes - if only converted to
CMYK there's no difference if it's pre-converted or if the RIP (raster
image processor) is doing it.

I think we should move the discussion to the dev-list - there's already
a topic created by Stefan.

--
kind regards,
Franz Koch