[TYPO3-core] RFC #11177: Feature: New options noRescale and resolutionFactor for getImgResource()

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Mon May 25 09:03:55 CEST 2009

Hi,
> Solution:
> New options for the imgResource that would be helpful:
> noRescale=1 -> creates image, as ususal, but doesn't resize original file
> resolutionFactor=N -> creates an image, that has N times higher
> resoultion than displayed

sorry, I like the general idea, but I don't like the way it's done. The
"resolutionFactor" is somewhat odd to me. For me it would make much more
sense to actually define the dpi (Dots Per Inch), so that based on the
given width and height and the dpi you can calculate the total
dimensions (default for screen are 72dpi). Would make much more sense to
me and could actually be used for print images. By setting this option
the internal dpi value of the image should also get changed (shouldn't
be a problem with imageMagick I guess).

I'm also not sure if it would make sense to implement another option
like displayWidth and displayHeight, that would override the img-tag
properties. This would allow same functionality like your "noRescale"
option, but also allow resized images to be displayed in different
dimensions. But I haven't thought about that very well.

--
kind regards,
Franz Koch