[TYPO3-core] RFC #11108: DBAL wildly quotes fields and table names

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Fri May 22 21:43:10 CEST 2009

Hi Olly,

>>> Solution:
>>> Use ADOdb built-in function to quote fields and table names and... as it
>>> performs a few tests to decide whether quoting is needed or not.
>>
>> Is this behaviour related to the recent updates of AdoDB in the Trunk?
>> Or is it possible to reproduce with TYPO3 4.2 as well?
>
> No, it already exists in 4.2

Just to clarify the problem. All my DBAL-related patches fix bugs that
are not new to 4.3, they exist since a long time as DBAL and core's
t3lib_db are very rarely updated. They just "work".

The main problem is that I guess nearly nobody *active* on this list is
really using DBAL or another DBMS as MySQL (just to say that I'm sure
DBAL is used but not by core members).

I had a look to DBAL with 4.2 but it was too restricted and at this time
I used rvt_adodb. I started again to use DBAL exclusively (or nearly)
with 4.3. I use it intensively on 2 projects, one with Oracle
(Oracle-only, no MySQL), the other with MSSQL (TYPO3's stuff in MySQL,
business stuff in MSSQL). I simply don't have the opportunity to "test"
my changes on 4.2 as I have either no budget for this or my code is now
4.3-dependent (with Extbase and autoloading).

To do stuff the good way, I guess those patches should be applied to 4.2
too but it's already quite complicated to get them tested on 4.3. This
is why I do not hope for more than trunk.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en