[TYPO3-core] RFC: #11019: User Setup Rewrite #4

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Thu May 21 16:52:05 CEST 2009

Hi Rupi,

Rupert Germann schrieb:
> hi Steffen,
>
> ok, but ... ;-)
> did you know that there's a function called t3lib_div::rmFromList() ?
> or alternatively: t3lib_div::removeArrayEntryByValue() would also be an
> option here since $fieldList is converted to an array anyway.

funny, i searched for it but overlooked. naming rm... okay :)
removeArrayEntryByValue would be the wrong as it would be
removeArrayEntryByKey needed. But now you did it with rmFromList, fine!

>>> * most of the htmlspecialchars() calls are not needed because they are
>>> applied to strings which are ascii anyway eg. columnnames.
>> as you said: don't trust. It's more secure to do this to avoid tamper
>> manipulated data.
>
> yes that's of cource true for things that come from outside or have
> non-predictable content like csh items but something like
> htmlspecialchars($config['type']) is definetively unnecessary since $config
> can't be manipulated from outside.

think of editor who tries to hack into on the way getting admin rights.
Security isn't bad at all.

> One little thing more: I changed the position of the closing div which wraps
> the complete module output because it was added after the closing <html>
> tag.

fine

> I attached a v6 patch which includes the mentioned changes.

i tested v7 but didn't applied clean, did you used latest trunk? i'll
try it online now.

Thx for your help, teamwork gets the best out of it.

vg Steffen