[TYPO3-core] FYI24: #11124: Validation issue: End tag for "br" omitted, but OMITTAG NO was specified in typo3/mod/tools/em/class.em_index.php

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Wed May 20 17:43:12 CEST 2009

Steffen Kamper wrote: on 20.05.2009 17:39:

> Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] schrieb:
>> seem not needed. Both are valid XHTML. The space before the "/" is AFAIK
>> optional. Same goes for the <hr/> => <hr /> corrections.
>>

> that's true, both are valide, but some validators complain and some
> purists too. I'm in favor having the space (like good style, and
> compares to our CGL having the spaces too)
> So it doesn't hurt.

Which validator complains about that? That must be a bug. I thought the
space is needed for "older browsers" that cannot cope with XHTML to
still understand the tag (interpret it as "HTML"). So while I also
prefer the space before the "/", I think fixing that issue with 40
FYI24s is a bit too much. :)

Any why in this context:

+		$content.= '<label for="_lookUp">Look up:</label> <input type="text"
id="_lookUp" name="_lookUp" value="' .
htmlspecialchars($this->lookUpStr) . '" /><input type="submit"
value="Search"/><br /><br />';

isn't the <input/> also fixed? With that logic, wouldn't that
require a space before the "/" also?

Cheers,
Ernesto