[TYPO3-core] RFC #10816: tslib_content calls deprecated function makeInstanceClassName

Franz Koch typo.removeformessage at fx-graefix.de
Wed May 20 12:09:54 CEST 2009

Hi Ingo,

>> after some tests I noticed that t3lib_div::makeInstance is not checking
>> whether a class exists or not before calling 'new $className'
>
> in this case makeInstance() should call the autoloader to include the
> class ... that's what the autloader is for ;)

yes, but the autoloader might also fail as the class simply not exists -
and then you get php errors. I had the case that I had some old TS code
in my menus that was referring to a preUserFunc that did not exist in
this project. Thus I got a php error after these changes. So I think
checking if the class is really available before instantiating it would
be wise ;)

--
kind regards,
Franz Koch