[TYPO3-core] RFC Feature #11148: Remove static require_once() to t3lib and tslib and use autoloading instead

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Wed May 20 10:44:58 CEST 2009

Hi,

>> I still have a blank frontend rendered screen (it contains the whole
>> <head>...</head> or at least a big part of it but body is empty
>> still does not work except if I add the "global $TYPO3_CONF_VARS" line
>> in class.t3lib_autoload.php. For the FE, I still don't have any clue
>> on how to make it work.
>>
>> Cleared all cache of course and my only differences with latest core
>> state are all my recent patches for DBAL which are not located in
>> those files I guess:
>>
>> M      t3lib/class.t3lib_sqlparser.php
>> M      t3lib/class.t3lib_install.php
>> M      t3lib/class.t3lib_userauth.php
>> M      typo3/sysext/dbal/class.ux_t3lib_db.php
>>
>> For me it still does not work and that's the first time I'm not
>> confident in a "svn update" :-(
>>

> first you should revert your patches to ensure that there is no problem.
> I will investigate today with XCLASS to see if they are loaded.
> I think we get this solved as i think this is a great step forward.

Problem is that I'm pretty sure it works under "normal" conditions as
otherwise you and others would have found a problem. Now I can't revert
my changes (which do nothing with external file inclusion but rely on
XCLASS) as I have to connect to an external DB.

I tried two configuration. First one was against an Oracle database (my
real-life scenario) where the whole TYPO3 database is stored and as this
install is quite isolated, I had to manually backport recent changes,
which I did and then got the blank screen. I thought I did something
wrong and simply reverted my backport.

Then yesterday night, I tried on another install where TYPO3 data are
stored in MySQL but where I connect to another database for retrieving
legacy data. This database is MS-SQL and although I started with
rvt_adodb to connect to it (no use of DBAL, direct use of ADOdb), I'm
refactoring my code to use $GLOBALS['TYPO3_DB] and thus DBAL as an
intermediate layer between my code and ADOdb. And this did not work either.

--
Xavier Perseguers
DBAL-Member

http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en/tutorials/typo3.html