[TYPO3-core] FYI24: #11126: Validation issue: End tag for "br" omitted, but OMITTAG NO was specified in typo3/mod/web/perm/index.php

Patrick Broens patrick at netcreators.com
Wed May 20 09:53:22 CEST 2009

Hi,

this is a SVN patch request.

Type: Bugfix

Bugtracker references:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=11126

Branches: Trunk

This is an issue related to a bigger cleanup, regarding the following
problems. The reason of separating the overall into smaller ones is that
it is easier to revert them in case of problems.

Problems:
Although we once decided to switch to XHTML 1.0 Transitional, there are
some errors with "br" tags.
* there are still a lot of "br" tags in the core where no ending is
defined for the singleton tag.
* there are some "br" tags where the slash is next to the "r" without
the space between the "r" and the slash.
* uppercase tags

Solution:
Change these tags with the proper markup.

Notes:
I consider this a no-brainer, as it does not change any functionality,
only proper markup. Please object if you don't agree, otherwise this
patch will be committed after 24 hours.

Cheers,

Patrick