[TYPO3-core] RFC #11087: TCEForm does not replace the existing element if adding a new element to a field with maxitems=1

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Tue May 19 09:51:00 CEST 2009

Hey,

commited to trunk and 4.2. Thanks for testing.

I found another bug entry (#0006372: Insertion of more than one items by
the Element Browser is allowed when it shouldn't) that I resolved as
well, although my solution fixes only the selects with the size=1.
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=6372

My reasoning:
The problem is now solved for fields with size=1. For selects with a
bigger size, there is an option to scroll, position and see multiple
items, thus the behaviour is different and good in that way. So we have
this now:

* If the size of the select is 1, then there is no sorting option, there
is not even a way to see that there are multiple items. Thus, if there
is only one item allowed, then there should always be one item in there.

* If the size of the select is more than one, then you can scroll
through the items if there are more items than the size of the select.
If there is a maxitems restriction, then there will be a exclamation
mark item if you have too many items in there. You can scroll through
the list and remove the appropriate item.

If anybody thinks that should be fixed for select size > 1, either
repopen 6372 or open up a new bugentry.

--
All the best,
Benni.