[TYPO3-core] FYI24 #11118: Cleanup: Reduce memory usage of db_list_extra

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Mon May 18 12:30:32 CEST 2009

This is an SVN patch request.

Type: Code cleanup

Bugtracker references:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=11118

Branches:
TYPO3_4-2 and trunk

Problem:
The Web > List module consumes a lot of memory, leading sometimes to out
of memory errors (especially if you're trying to do a CSV export at the
same time).

Solution:
I found at least one place where 2 large concatenation operations took
place (leading to out of memory error). One of the concatenated variable
can be unset after the first concatenation error.

Notes:
Obviously this patch will not solve all problems, but consider it as a
first (little) step to making things better :-)

If noone opposes it I'll commit that in 24h to 4.2 and trunk.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter