[TYPO3-core] RFC #11111: Bug: Root item cannot be collapsed in pagetree

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon May 18 10:24:13 CEST 2009

Benjamin Mack wrote: on 18.05.2009 10:09:

> as this is a followup to #10892, I commited this patch right away after
> reviewing and testing myself.
>
> I clearly don't like the "bugfix to a bugfix changes", just shows that
> we're not careful enough when reviewing. Maybe we can find some common
> guidelines how to review / test a patch?

The problem in this particular case seems that the approvals happened
before the last version of the patch was published to the list. There
have been 4 versions of that particular patch and if you look closely,
the last one really adds lots of "new stuff" which probably wasn't
really reviewed / tested by none of the previous "approvers".

So my suggestion would be that a new version of a patch that does not
only change "cosmetical" (e.g. CGL) stuff, will always need to go
through the whole "+1" process again before it can be submitted.

Cheers,
Ernesto