[TYPO3-core] RFC #11105: Feature: Add a method to register an Extbase plugin

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Mon May 18 10:13:50 CEST 2009

Hi,

Martin Kutschker schrieb:

> I wouldn't add any extension specific code into t3lib. It has nothing to
> to with ExtBase. I don't like even those existing parts of t3lib that
> assume extension "cms" is present.

i agree on that

> Anyway we're not talking about the EM with the UI but the *class*
> t3lib_extMgm. The end user in this case is a developer who explicitly
> wrote a plugin for ExtBase. As he does care he can be bothered to use an
> ExtBase method to install his plugin in ext_localconf.php.

the problem i see is that the function needs an active call. As "old"
plugins register there pi, it differs with extbase doing this controller
based.
So i'm fine with adding a second method in t3lib but avoid "extbase" in
naming so it's more general, like
t3lib_extMgm::registerExtensionControllers or something simular

vg Steffen