[TYPO3-core] RFC #11105: Feature: Add a method to register an Extbase plugin

Sebastian KurfŸürst sebastian at typo3.org
Sun May 17 22:59:51 CEST 2009

Hi Steffen,

> how it's done in v5? If we use a new register method for extbase-based
> extensions (i see the need for this) it should also use the same
> register process as in v5 to fullfil the transition process.

in v5 this will work totally different I think, and we are not yet 100%
sure about this. However I think this is not a big problem because this
is just a really small detail in migrating an extension from Extbase to v5.
Actually, the addExtbasePlugin code is just needed to "bridge" between
the classical v4 world, and Extbase. As FLOW3 (and v5) will be
completely MVC based, I think we won't need such a registration process.

Greets, and thanks for a great time :-)
Sebastian