[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10993: install tool shows plain passwords

Susanne Moog typo3 at susannemoog.de
Sun May 17 21:39:48 CEST 2009

Mathias Schreiber [wmdb] schrieb:
> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> This is SVN patch request.
>>
>> Type: Bugfix
>>
>> Branches: trunk
>>
>> BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=10993
>>
>> Problem:
>> When passwords are printed out (eg for database connection) they
>> should be not plain text.
>> Also create admin user should use a password input field
>
> We took a closer look during the Patch Review Session at T3DD09 and came
> up with this solution:
>
> We'd like to skip the "this field is needed or not" discussion but we
> definitely need to fix the plain text output after the new password has
> been saved.
>
> Since we only do the review, please fix this "rather small issue" in
> order to get the patch committed.

I just wanted to do something relaxing and fixed the issue with the
password being showed as plain text after creation. I also combined v2
and additional into it.

And just you have something to choose from I did a patch with and one
without the Password: ******* fields.

I'm personally of the opinion that it does not matter much which way we
choose as long as we choose one soon. As it's really not showing any
useful information AND the asterisks are there in the _input_ fields if
you entered a password before I would use the one without showing that
information again.

Regards,

Susanne

--