[TYPO3-core] RFC #8231: DBAL's bug admin_get_charsets() on a non-object

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Sun May 17 09:30:28 CEST 2009

Hi,

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Xavier Perseguers schrieb:
>> Hi Karsten,

>>> +1 by reading, but maybe the "ENGINE"-Fix should go in a separate commit.
>> Attached is the patch without the "ENGINE"-fix which is not tackled with
>> in RFC #11040.
>
> As you add admin_get_charsets() to DBAL, why do you need the extra check
>  for the existence of the method?

I tried to remove it but there's some weird stuff done in the install
tool and actually both code are needed. Once for the install tool and
then for the usual running of TYPO3 (or for the EM, I should reread my
posts to know what was the problem before I added the method).

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en