[TYPO3-core] RFC #[7937]: [Feature]: [stdWrap/Hook for baseUrl]

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Sat May 16 15:35:16 CEST 2009

Franz Koch schrieb:
> Hi,

>>> Question:
>>> Why do you not simply use [conditions] to set the baseURL to one of the
>>> allowed values.
>>
>> It's a bit annoying to have to fiddle with constants.
>
> and how would you do this with stdWrap instead? Fiddling around with a
> CASE object or numerous if-conditions? By no means easier if you ask me.

Another reasoning for using [conditions] is because those will generate
different cached pages.

If you use "stdWrap" and regular cacheable output, the first hit will
populate the baseHref into the generated output, and every subsequent
hit will just not call the stdWrap anymore, thus you cannot
differenciate between domains. You would have to make that an USER_INT,
with all overhead that comes with that.

Using conditions this is no problem, because the caching system of TYPO3
already handles those (having different cached versions depending on the
matching conditions).

Cheers,
Ernesto