[TYPO3-core] RFC #[7937]: [Feature]: [stdWrap/Hook for baseUrl]

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Sat May 16 14:22:17 CEST 2009

Nico de Haen wrote:

> Problem:
> in certain circumstances baseUrl should be changed (if different domains
> should be handled), but it should not be possible to change it to ANY
> domain (as it did in former times with baseUrl = 1)

Question:
Why do you not simply use [conditions] to set the baseURL to one of the
allowed values.

This copy&paste is from one of my recent projects:
config.baseURL = http://www.blaue-seiten.at/
[globalString = IENV:TYPO3_HOST_ONLY=local.blue-via.net]
config.baseURL = http://local.blue-via.net/
[globalString = IENV:TYPO3_HOST_ONLY=blaue-seiten.poweredby.mmc.at]
config.baseURL = http://blaue-seiten.poweredby.mmc.at/
[end]

It sets config.baseURL to the websites real domain (www.blaue-seiten.at)
except if the system is hosted / accesed on one of the dev machines, then
the alternate cases will be used ...

Or is there anything other you required ???

greets,
Bernhard
--
Freiheit ist immer Freiheit des Andersdenkenden.
Rosa Luxemburg, 1871-1919