[TYPO3-core] outdated advices - Core/misc/core_svn_rules.txt & Core/misc/SVNreadme.txt

georg kuehnberger georg at georg.org
Wed May 13 20:40:45 CEST 2009

Hola,

On a recent checkout I just stumbled across:
     Core/misc/core_svn_rules.txt
dated 2007-11-05.
out of which I extracted a few highly outdated parts, see below.

The file ist referenced from
      Core/misc/SVNreadme.txt
see also below.

IMHO quite a lot of information in there is pretty much outdated, so I'd
like suggest it should be updated. I'm not in the position to recommend
deletion of the files or deliver changes / updates, however I guess the
Core Developement Guidelines could simply be referenced.

Just my 2 cents, regards georg

### from Core/misc/SVNreadme.txt
  "developer" status on SourceForge [2].
----
[2] http://sourceforge.net/project/memberlist.php?group_id=20391

### from Core/misc/core_svn_rules.txt
Rules and Conditions for contributions to Core SVN
(Core + System Extensions)
----
- The Core Team Leader (Kasper) is ultimately in charge.
----
Secret #1: I *will* check everything!
	- I require to be 100% in control of all commits to my parts of the
core. This means you can easily step very hard on my toes if you break
the rules below. So read them and commit with care!
----
Rule #1: Ask me first!
	- 1) Always contact me by email first and present a summary of what you
want to do. If it sounds reasonable I will probably say "Send me a
unified diff-patch" and if that seems ok I will say "Yes, just commit".
The point is that I get a chance to reject things which will just be a
mess to clean up.
----
SUMMARY:
- General request for my opinion
- If OK, sending an actual Patch-diff to me for approval
----
... (yet to be filled in from other contributers, like Rene Fritz who is
in charge of eg. Services)