[TYPO3-core] RFC: #11052: Show Warning if memcache is configured but not installed / working on the server

Steffen Müller typo3 at t3node.com
Mon May 11 13:32:28 CEST 2009

Hi.

On 10.05.2009 13:07 Steffen Kamper wrote:
> here is an updated patch where the configuration is scanned and tested
> each configured server. if memcache fails with one of these
> configuration it's displayed which configuration failed (see screenshot)

I have two more ideas what could be enhanced:
- try to store and a retrieve some data, if the connection does work.
This would make the test more reliable and I think one can live with
that little oberhead.
- Distinguish if all server connects failed or if one or more are
working. This could be done by showing all configured servers beside
those which have failed. It would help to spot the error cause more easily.

Would be nice to have it. If you decide not to implement this, you'll
anyway get my +1 after testing with one little itch:
Could you please alter the warning message? "Does not work" is too
unspecific. "Connection to memcached failed" would express what tests
were made and with what result.

--
cheers,
Steffen