[TYPO3-core] FYI24: #11059: Validation issue: duplicate specification of attribute "class" in t3lib/class.t3lib_tceforms.php

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Mon May 11 09:38:50 CEST 2009

Hi,

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Patrick Broens schrieb:
>> Hi,
>>
>> this is a SVN patch request.
>>
>> Type: Bugfix
>>
>> Bugtracker references:
>> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=11059
>>
>> Branches: Trunk
>>
>> Problem:
>> In the select tag of the dropdown for the page type, the class attribute
>> is declared twice, once with the value "select", the other with
>> "icon-select".
>
> Please do not remove classes. It makes sense to have a "base" class like
> "select" to be extended with "icon-select".

I agree with Masi, this should be tackled with a bit differently. As I
read your bug report, you want to avoid this:

<select class="select" class="icon-select" ... >

which does not validate (if it works at all). I agree that this should
be fixed.

However, as Masi said, you should generate this instead:

<select class="select icon-select" ... >

--
Xavier Perseguers
DBAL-Member

http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en/tutorials/typo3.html