[TYPO3-core] RFC: #11006: Bug: Tooltip for page path in Page/List module is missing

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Tue May 5 23:26:48 CEST 2009

Hi Steffen,

I reviewed your patch and found a little something that's not entirely
satisfying. Imagine the following page tree:

This page title is 33 chars long
--This one is 26 chars long
----This only 13
------Last page

This will give the following full path:

This page title is 33 chars long / This one is 26 chars long / This only
13 / Last page

However the cropped path looks pretty terrible, because each page title
is cropped to 15 characters (inside t3lib_befunc::getRecordPath):

This page titl... / This one is 26... / This only 13 / Last page

It's this shortened path that's used in the docheader, cropped further
to a max of 50 chars (beginning from the end), which gives the awful:

..... / This one is 26... / This only 13 / Last page

a.k.a dot festival. :-)

My proposal is to use the full path instead of the path, so that we get:

...s one is 26 chars long / This only 13 / Last page

With this change I'm +1 on reading and testing. If no one object to this
change, I'll take care of it and commit (no need to submit a new version
of the patch).

Cheers

--

Francois Suter