[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10764: Use new JS-function for loading prototype/scriptaculous/extJS

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Mon May 4 18:40:27 CEST 2009

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is SVN patch request.
>
> Type: Bugfix
>
> Bugtracker references:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=10764
>
> Branches: trunk
>
> Since #10144 there are simplified methods for BE-inclusion of this main
> JS-libs.
> Now use them.
>
> vg Steffen

It looks like the t3lib_tceforms portion of this patch causes problems
with frontend editing when the editing forms are shown on the page
rather than in a popup. In that case, $GLOBALS['SOBE']->doc doesn't
exist at all.

The obvious solution would be to add a wrapper like we see in
loadJavascriptLib so that it can be handled differently in the frontend
(t3lib_tceforms_fe) and backend (t3lib_tceforms) contexts.  There's
enough logic around these loaders that creating a doc object in the
frontend editing context might be a better long term solution. I'll
think about that a little more...

Also, I don't meant to nitpick but I only see 2 +1s on reading here and
nothing on testing.  Just a friendly reminder for future commits :)

Thanks,
jeff