[TYPO3-core] RFC #10759: RemoveXSS is incompatible with PHP 5.2.9 in TYPO3 4.2

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Fri Mar 27 19:36:40 CET 2009

Hi,

>>> i think following:
>>> in php4 the pseudo constructor was function with same name as class,
>>> so if you instance it, it will call the function as well.
>>> This can be prevented by defining an empty __constructor() in this
>>> class.
>>
>> Perhaps but this patch is for 4.2 and 4.2 needs PHP5.2. Why would we
>> have to care of PHP4?
>>

> do you know that even php has the compatibility cow? :-)
>
> This simply means, instancing the class will use the function as
> constructor, even in php5.
>
> If you insert this line
> function __construct() {}
>
> it doesn't anymore, even with the same name of function, then also no
> wrapper is needed.

I'm OK with any solution that fixes this bug. The idea was to provide
the same signature as in 4.3 with a compatibility fallback but the
signature changed anyway in 4.3 meaning this does not much sense.

If you prefer or find that it's better defining __construct() then I agree.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en