[TYPO3-core] RFC: #3527: Bug: Wrongly encoded characters in mail form validation popup

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Fri Mar 27 15:14:14 CET 2009

This is an SVN patch request.

Type: Bugfix

Bugtracker references:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=3527

Branches:
4.2 and trunk

Problem:
When a problem happens in the mail form a JS alert box pops up. If the
field names contain non-latin-1 characters they are badly interpreted.

Solution:
Call decodeURI() on the field name (to balance the rawurlencode() call
in tslib_content).

Notes:
It didn't seem necessary to call decodeURI() in any other cases.
decodeURI() is available for IE since v5.5, this seems good enough for me.

I have tested the patch on FF3, Safari 3 and Opera 9. It would be good
if someone could test it on IE.

Also it would be good if someone working in a non-latin language could
give it a try too.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter