[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10320: Feature: Split css styled content templates in version templates to get rid of the compat version checks

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Fri Mar 27 12:59:44 CET 2009

Hi,

Attached is a new version based on v4 that incorporates recent changes
from SVN on the same files.

> 1) Files must be removed with svn delete. So the following files should
> not be in patch:
>
> - typo3/sysext/css_styled_content/static/constants.txt
> - typo3/sysext/css_styled_content/static/setup.txt

I agree.

> 3) I wonder about the version numbers. The compatibility check was made
> for version 3.9, but this never existed since the version number was
> finally bumped up to 4.0. Now that we are cleaning this up, shouldn't we
> take this opportunity to mark this version as 4.0?

I would agree but I did not change this in v5.

> 5) In the constants file, the following lines were added by RFC #10083 +
> its follow up patch:
>
>   borderSelector = DIV.csc-textpic-border DIV.csc-textpic-imagewrap
> .csc-textpic-image IMG
>     # cat=content/cImage/i5; type=boolean; label= Image row separation:
> Whether images should be rendered/wrapped in separated rows, e.g. inside
> a DIV.csc-textpic-imagerow element
>   separateRows = 1
>
> So I included these lines should be included in current, 4.2 and 3.9
> version of constants (since RFC #10083 added this constant for TYPO3
> version 4.1, 4.2 and TRUNK).

OK.

> 6) In the setup files:
>
> 6.1) The rendering of image and text with image content elements was
> totally broken. A lot of TS was not copied over to the setup files for
> versions > 3.8. I copied everything that was needed to version 3.9, 4.2
> and current.

It now works well.

> 6.2) same for menu/sitemap content elements. Some critical parts of TS
> were not copied for versions > 3.8.

Same.

> 7) There was an open question by Susanne in the content rendering list,
> about how best to update the t3lib_extMgm::addTypoScript() method to
> handle addition of TS now that there are several static templates for
> css_styled_contents. Her solution for now is to add the TS to all of the
> versions, which is a bit overkill and needs updates every time we
> introduce a new version, which is not optimal. One possible improvement
> might be to test the compat version and add the TS only to the
> appropriate version, but there's no guarantee that the included TS files
> match the compat version. Anyone has a better idea?

Not for the moment.

> I have carefully checked the TypoScript, in particular the setup, and
> tested the most common content elements with a variety of options, in
> particular the image content element. However I can't exclude that small
> bugs will pop up here and there, but that's why we have alpha and beta
> testing :-)

I tested the most common content elements too, including text with image
with multiple images in all configuration with 1 or multiple columns of
images and this works well.

Here's my +1 after reading and testing.

--
Xavier Perseguers