[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #10642: Backend admin cannot perform file operations in filelist

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Tue Mar 24 15:15:53 CET 2009

Hi,

Benjamin Mack wrote:
> On 24.03.2009 14:54 Uhr, Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> an admin with limit to a DB-point isn't an admin, and he can change that
>> anyway, so it doesn't make sense.
> Sure, but an admin can add multiple DB mounts to his page tree. (for
> whatever reason he chooses too).

Yes, and this could also be seen as a bug. I think its a really rare
use-case (if ever wanted) that an admin intentionally has additional db
/ file mounts to the main admin tree.
Imho its much more likely that you first create a normal user with
mounts and later on add the admin flag and forget to remove the mounts.
The user will complain with: "Why do I see that page-tree twice?". This
already happened to my customers.

Regards
Christian