[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #10642: Backend admin cannot perform file operations in filelist

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Tue Mar 24 14:44:43 CET 2009

Hi,

Christian Kuhn schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> i tested your patch and it works fine.
>
> Thanks. Is this a +1? *g*
>
>> Question: Should we got further, as an admin don't need Mounts either?
>> IMHO the complete tab isn't needed for an admin.
>
> Yes. Good idea. Group, Limit to Language and complete "Mounts and
> Workspaces" Tab could be affected.
> There is just one problem: If you select values for eg "DB Mounts" and
> later on set the admin flag to hide those fields, the data will stay. We
> had similar problems toggling normal / advanced Pages in the old days.
> With fileoperations in this case this is no problem. But eg. with DB
> Mounts, the page tree will be shown twice or more, and you must unset
> the admin flag to be able to reset the field. Do you have an idea on how
> to solve this?
> Anyway, this needs to be done in a new issue.

i'm +1 for the first patch and suggest the blinding options of admin for
a complete new issue (include the blinding you did in 2nd one).

That data still stays is the same with all types and can't be changed.
This is also useful if you revert admin state and then you have the
former access settings again.

The access checks in core hast to look for admin always, if these are
missing, they have to be added.

vg Steffen