[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10533: Allow predefined setting for "extended view" in list module

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Sat Mar 21 08:48:42 CET 2009

Hey,

well, that's not so clear to me now.

I imagine this combination:

mod.web_list.extendedView.hideCheckbox = 0
mod.web_list.extendedView.forceStatus = 1

It would show the checkbox, but would not allow the user to modify the
behaviour from the checkbox, right?

I would like this behaviour (and naming):

1. a user has all the possibilities to modify the view and gets a
default of the standard view:

     mod.web_list.extendedView.hideCheckbox = 0
     mod.web_list.extendedView = 0

2. a user has all the possibilities to modify the view and gets a
default of the extended view:

     mod.web_list.extendedView.hideCheckbox = 0
     mod.web_list.extendedView = 0

3. a user is not allowed to change the state (and the admin only allows
standard view)

     mod.web_list.extendedView.hideCheckbox = 1
     mod.web_list.extendedView = 0

4. a user is forced into extended view (because the admin hides the
checkbox)

     mod.web_list.extendedView.hideCheckbox = 1
     mod.web_list.extendedView = 1

Is that ok with you? Once we agree on that, I'd be happy to review again
(looks good so far) and test it.

All the best,
Benni.